- Concerts (38)
- Radio (109)
- Outils (25)
- Collections (17)
- Recherche (5)
- Nous connaître (1)
Selectionnez une ou plusieurs newsletters pour vous inscrire/désinscrire :
Aural Sonology plugin
The Aural Sonology Project is a novel approach to the analysis of sonic and structural aspects of music-as-heard, based on the work of Lasse Thoresen. It provides defined symbols to notate these aspects of both music and the way we interrelate when we listen to music, putting the listener experience in focus.
Notating sound, the spectromorphological analysis is based on the sound-object, which is constituted by the listening intention to hear the sound simple as a sound (ʻreductive listeningʼ). The Aural Sonology Project has revised Pierre Schaeffer's ideas and translated these ideas into a conceptual structure with corresponding graphic signs. These signs are incorporated in the Aural Sonology Plug-In for the Acousmographe 3.7.
Included is the Sonova font and a rich set of libraries for spectromorphological analysis as well as analyses relevant for musical form-building:
• Time-fields (the temporal segmentation of the musical discourse)
• Layers (the synchronous segmentation of the musical discourse)
• Dynamic form (time directions and energetic shape)
• Thematic form (recurrence, variation, and contrast)
• Form-building transformations (simple and complex gestalts, transformations between them (e.g. proliferation/collection, fission/fusion; liquidation/crystallization).
Version 1.1, October 2016.
Updated with Sonova UC version 1.1, re-organised libraries, templates and additional documentation.
Download Mac version
Download PC version
More information about Aural Sonology :